Thursday, December 4, 2014

Attack of the Stainless Steel Undead

There's a middle aged lady who lives in my neighborhood, whom I see every other morning at the bus stop. I remember her because she always carries this stainless steel travel coffee mug. I may have a bad memory for human faces (why bother), but I do remember coffee. Mmm... coffee...
*Shakes head back into focus*
So, anyway, this morning I saw where she comes from. Eew! Not in this sense, you sick fucks! I mean where she comes from to the bus stop every morning. Imagine my surprise when I saw Stainless Steel Coffee Mug shambling down the narrow path leading out of the cemetery. 
Seeing as Coffee Mug doesn't seem to mind the sunlight (no spontaneous combustion, no smoke, hell- not even a single glitter from the lady), and is by no means blurry or amorphous, it would be madness to categorize her as a vampire or a ghost. The conclusion is inevitable: Stainless Steel is a zombie.
I also know exactly what keeps her so calm and non-violent. I must admit the cunning hag almost had me fooled. What, with her clean clothes and relaxed postured she could well pass for an average mortal. Was I born yesterday, I would have surely fallen for this trick. But one does not roam the earth for nearly three decades only to remain a babe in the woods. I know my boogiemen alright. 
No doubt, there is more to Coffee Mug's mug than just coffee. The Undead bitch laced her morning Joe with some sort of mild tranquilizer. A zombie Ritalin of sorts. Who needs to eat brains when you can have your own brain eaten, instead? 
As for the lack of smell, I've been suffering from a stuffy nose for the last week or so. Counting my blessings, I watch Stainless climb the bus with me, her rotting eyes well hidden behind a pair of dark glasses. I give her a knowing look as she passes by. Drugged or not, you can't fool me. I'll be watching you, Stainless, I say with my eyes. Her face remains a sealed, expressionless mask. Literally, as far as I know.
I shall continue my observations tomorrow morning. Perhaps I can even obtain a drop or two from her mug for future testing. 
Meanwhile, I've found out that 100 jars of brains disappeared from the University of Texas (for real real, not for play play. It's in the news and all. They came up with some half-assed explanation, but I know better). 
Looks like it's spreading faster than I expected. Should have asked more questions at Max Brooks' panel during Comic Con. Maybe I'll email him later today. Hope it's not too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

תודה שהגבתם. או משהו.